- To the course staff, fellow delegates and to the programme.
- Plenary on listening, review of common listening habits,
- listening exercise:” What is Leadership?”
Teams and Team Working
- Team membership, team building and team characteristics.
Team Activity: Team Characteristics
Team Roles and Team Dynamics
- Self-assessment of team roles and key aspects of team dynamics
Approaches to Leadership
- The qualities approach, the situational approach,
- the functional approach, other leadership approaches.
Leadership Exercise: Delay
Needs and Responsibilities
- Introduction to areas of need, the three circles and leadership responsibility.
- The generic functions of a leader and the principle of helicoptering.
What should Research Team Leaders do?
- Personal reflections on leadership functions in a research group context.
Leadership Exercise: Letterpoint